I suggest you ...

(Website/Extensions) Request page for extensions *VW*

It would be good to have a requests page where people could list extensions they wish existed, and other people could answer indicating that they are working on meeting those needs.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    emshortAdminemshort (Admin, Inform 7) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AaronReedAdminAaronReed (Admin, Inform 7) commented  · 

To those interested in this idea, what do you see as the benefits that an "official" request page would offer over requesting extensions in existing forums like raif or intfiction?

• emshortAdminemshort (Admin, Inform 7) commented  · 

I think the response was more along the lines of "conceivable, but would require a bunch of extra work, and we're not convinced it's desirable". The extra work may be less now that more of the extension posting is automated (I'm not sure, though). That leaves the question of how many people would really find this useful. I'm opening another suggestion to cover that as a separate point.

• IsxekIsxek commented  · 

I'm not sure if this is in line with this suggestion, but is it possible to include somewhere (on this proposed page or another) a way to download ALL of the current extensions in one ZIP or RAR file? I'm aware this has been requested on the newsgroup before but the response hasn't been as definitive as "possible/not possible."

Feedback and Knowledge Base